Prospect Ridge Veterinary Hospital

West Orange, NJ 07052-1407


Dog Grooming So Your Pooch Can Look His Best

At Prospect Ridge Veterinary Hospital in West Orange, New Jersey, we not only ensure your pet feels good, we make sure they look good, too. Our professionals offer dog grooming and pet boarding services. Read more about what information is required for appointments and what to do in case of an emergency.


Leave your pet in trusted care while you are away with our customized boarding services. We ensure your companion gets plenty of love and playtime. If your pet requires special medical attention, we can incorporate medicine, dietary regimens, and rehabilitation treatments into our boarding services. Boarding is available for a single day, a few days or weeks; whatever you need. Pampered Pet Services can be provided for an additional fee.



Give your dog the pampering they deserve with a wash, haircut, or nail trimming from us. We have an experienced groomer on staff that has extensive experience handling all sizes, breeds, and temperaments of dogs.

Kitten in kennel


AIS PennHIP is an accurate hip screening tool for dogs as young as 16 weeks. It provides an estimate of your dog's risk for osteoarthritis (OA) or canine hip dysplasia (CHD) later in life. This information allows us to determine palliative strategies for early intervention to prevent or lessen the severity of CHD. By identifying the health of your dog's hips, we can extend the working life of a service dog or allow a breeder to make informed decisions as to which breeding dogs to keep in the program.


Travel Certificates

Dr. Cappiello is a USDA accredited veterinarian who can issue health certificates to allow your pet to travel. A health certificate is a signed document given after a full examination to determine that your pet is healthy to fly. Every country has different requirements, and it is your responsibility to know what is needed. Domestic Health Certificates are for flights within the US. International Health Certificates (7001 Form) are for international flights. If flying to Europe, log on to the USDA (animal export) website, choose your country of destination, and scroll down to select your pet's species. Print the EU forms and bring them, along with the most current rabies certificate and address and telephone number of your destination to your vet appointment. We'll perform an exam and fill out the forms. You must then have all the forms endorsed by the USDA.

You can research your pet travel requirements here